Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's been a while----

Hi Everyone!

Well it's been a while since I posted on this blog. It's been hard trying to update, while working, getting chemo and taking care of things that need to be taken care of. I recently had my third chemo treatment and this one wasn't so great.... not that chemo is great... but my 2nd chemo was not so bad.

The 3rd treatment was HORRIBLE. I have been nauseated for the past 3 days-- but really hungry--- thank that to my daily dose of prednisone for the next five days- and I just want to EAT- it's a really weird feeling. I kind of relate it to the feeling I felt I when I was pregnant- I was nauseated and hungry and moody- it's crazy cause it gets better and then it gets worse.

I am really trying to keep my spirits up, and really trying to put this all in God's hands- but in the past couple of days I have been feeling down. The hair thing I was getting used to, but then this week I started to feel self concious- since my eyebrows have thinned out quite significantly. I am trying not to be shallow because hair is hair- but it's hard. THEN--- because of my increased appetite I have gained some substantial weight- which makes it even harder because not only have I lost my hair, some eyebrows and now my wardrobe- it's getting really hard to look in the mirror and really love the way I look. I really should be happy that God has allowed me to stay healthy these past three treatments. No medical issues, no blood work issues. My blood count, platelet count and white blood count have been great. It really could be worse off- and I am worried about hair??? I thank God everyday that He is pulling me through this and I am remaining prayful and hopeful and standfast in Him, knowing that He will get me through this and His Name will be praised through this valley in my life.

A couple weeks ago, a good friend of our family Millie ( who is also a cancer survivor) decided to shave her head if I lost my hair. Well my hair was falling out and it was time to shave my head. We went to the hair cuttery and we both got our heads shaven. Also, the gal that shaved our heads knew too well this side of cancer, as her mother had and passed away from cancer- so it was a bit emotional. It was a very awesome moment to have someone who understood how it feels to lose your hair and to be willing to go through that again to show support. I didn't expect her to do it, she did it out of the kindness of her heart and how she knew she could support me.
A week after I got my hair cut short.



1 week later


2 weeks later after getting my hair cut- after my 2nd treatment

Getting ready to shave the rest off.





Buzz- Buzz- Buzz!!!



Millie is next!

Buzz- she has a smile on her face!!



AWESOME!!

I also got a brand new wig!! :)

I thank you again for all the prayers that are being sent out to me and my family!!!!

Lots of Love,

Sandra

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you keep posting because I really enjoy reading your updates. That's so sweet of your friend to shave her head with you! What a loving thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote so that I felt your emotions.

    Yours, Milly's, and the stylist.

    I haven't walked where you're walking. So,thank you for sharing what you're going through.

    Recently, I read this verse:

    For He knows how we are formed. He remembers that we are dust (Psalm 103:14).

    Maybe God's words will encourage you right where you are now.

    He made you a woman. An attractive woman. He knows that it's important to us as women to "feel" pretty.

    It's ok to look in the mirror. He made us that way.

    And you look great...with or without the wig!

    Don't we all need a Milly in our life.

    Keep on writing.

    Please.

    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking on you.

    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete